OUR GOAL: A vibrant and thriving neighborhood business district that is a great place to work, shop and live.
NEBBA is an volunteer group of businesses and property owners from the NE Broadway Business District (MLK to 37th Ave.) that is supported by membership dues. We collaborate to keep our our businesses strong and successful, while promoting, preserving and strengthening our community.
• NEBBA's annual events greatly increased customers and revenue by double-digit percentages at participating businesses during the Summer Super Sale and Ladies Night Out.
• Protected business district parking by defeating a City of Portland plan to institute a neighborhood parking permit system that did not guarantee parking for customers and businesses.
• Ensured safe access to businesses by demanding changes to the Better Broadway project in May 2016.
• Promoted the business district via parnerships with neighborhoods and business groups.
• Secured significant positive media coverage for NE Broadway and area businesses, including features in Hollywood Star, The Oregonian, EaterPDX, Portland Mercury, Bike Portland, Willamette Week and on several tv stations.
• Received thousands of dollars in grant funding from Venture Portland to strengthen the business district’s marketing and other initiatives, and help put on the Summer Super Sale.
• Improved Nebroadway.com with more useful information and resources for businesses and residents of the surrounding neighborhoods. Increased the reach of our Facebook page to better connect area businesses with thousands of customers on the Web.