OUR GOAL: A vibrant and successful business district
that is a great place to work, shop and live.
NEBBA is an all-volunteer group made up of business people and residents from the NE Broadway-Weidler corridor (6th to 33d Avenues) and is supported by membership dues. We work together as partners to make our businesses more successful, while promoting, preserving and strengthening our community. Plus we have fun at networking and social events.
• NEBBA received a Spirit of Portland Award in 2012 from the City of Portland as Business District Association of the Year! The award recogned our many successes in supporting the Northeast Broadway Business District and working with our neighbors to strengthen connections. Membership also soared past 100 members – a 150% increse since 2010. Thanks go to NEBBA's Board of Directors, Officers, Committees and volunteers who have increased the association’s effectiveness and continued a record of strong local events and activities.
• Nebroadway.com is filled with useful information and resources and is marketed to businesses and residents of 10 surrounding neighborhoods to help brand Northeast Broadway as Everything for Everyday! The website offers one-stop lookup of area businesses, activities and events, promotional opportunities for businesses, business association activities, photo slideshows of local businesses and individual logos for paid members. Plus we’re on Facebook, where we link our area businesses together with thousands of customers and expand our reach on the Web.
• NEBBA's annual events greatly increased business revenue and customer traffic and were bigger than ever. The 2014 Summer Super Sale brought out a record number of visitors that helped business revenues increase over 45% on average! Ladies Night Out 2013 in December saw record attendance and local business revenue increases as well.
• In 2013-14, we received $4,000 in grant funding from Venture Portland to strengthen the business district’s marketing, initiatives and help put on the Summer Super Sale.
• Our land use team advocates for NE Broadway’s interests with local government agencies and planning efforts such as the Transportation User Fee, N/NE Quadrant and Portland Comprehensive Plans. We’ve built stronger relationships with neighborhood associations and other business groups to manage local issues and plan for the future. This was critical in successfully shaping the city’s N/NE Quadrant Plan to protect and expand our Main Street retail and services emphasis, supporting customer parking needs, and more to ensure our future viability. NEBBA is currently working with our neighbors on long-term planning for the NE Broadway/Weidler Corridor.